At MA Deacon Engineers, we recognise that our success as a company depends largely on how effectively and responsibly we work with our employees and the communities in which we operate to meet our health, safety, environment and quality responsibilities.
We ensure HSEQ principles are an essential part of our management and decision-making process. MA Deacon Engineers’ objective is to demonstrate leadership through performance that contributes to maximisation of value. The foundation of our leadership program is that all work is planned using risk assessments.
In striving to fulfil our HSEQ responsibilities, we:
- Create an atmosphere that motivates and supports all employees in their efforts to achieve a zero injury incident working environment
- Provide systems to ensure ‘fitness for work’, identifying and addressing occupational health risks, and creating a healthier work environment
- Work with a quality management system certified to ISO9001
- Consider and establish appropriate HSEQ requirements when selecting business partners and contractors
- Participate in voluntary and community programs such as sponsoring Engineering students and raising the awareness of Engineering through active interaction at schools
- Comply, as a minimum, with legal requirements and adopted international standards, aiming to perform beyond regulatory requirements
- Continually evaluate and improve our business practices, services and processes to reduce risk
- Run a paper-less office and wherever possible all documents and drawings are filed electronically, and during the drawing checking processes all marking up and revising of drawings is done electronically
- Have the capability to show the impact our material choices have from a design sustainability and compliancy perspective for new designs in Autodesk Inventor
- Have encouraged employees to participate in National Ride to Work Day held in October each year